Sunday, February 6, 2011

Chestnut Flour Fritters







I grew up in the Apennine mountains of Italy, and during Autumn and Winter I ate chestnuts almost every day. These fritters were a staple in my family, they are easy to make and incredibly filling.




Mix 250g of chestnut flour with 400ml of water, mix well and add a tablespoon of sultana.



With a spoon drop some batter into the hot oil (I used rice bran oil) and cook on both sides; it only takes a couple of minutes.




Place the fritters on a paper towel to absorb the excess oil.





These fritters taste better cold, and they are lovely and naturally sweet, full of protein, low in fat and gluten free. Perfect for Vegan lunch boxes ;-).



Photos and Recipes by Alessandra Zecchini ©



2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of chestnut flour before, but those fritters sure do look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you make it sound so easy! They look pretty good!

    ReplyDelete